Thank you for your interest in our website and our online services. Data is the basis for us to provide an excellent service. Therefore the following data protection notices are designed to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights regarding this processing according to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and additional data protection laws.
1. General Information
- We, the METRO-NOM, Metro-Straße 12, 40235 Duesseldorf (hereinafter „METRO“, „we“ or „us“) are the controller of the data processing. METRO places great importance on the protection of your personal data.
- You can contact our data protection officer at any time by using the following contact details: METRO-NOM GmbH, Data Protection Officer, Metro-Straße 12, 40235 Duesseldorf, E-Mail: email@example.com.
- In this data protection statement we explain how we collect, process and use personal data in the context of providing our services. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The personal data which we collect, process and use about you is processed by us exclusively within the limits laid down in the applicable provisions of statute law.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Data Recipients
- Some of the data is collected automatically via your end device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when you use our services. The data in question are the IP address currently used by your end device, the date and time, the browser type and operating system of your end device and the pages visited. This data is collected for the purpose of data safety and for optimizing our offers and improving our services. Any other utilization of the data, with the exception of collection for statistical purposes, in which case it is only in anonymized form, is done as a fundamental rule only within the limits set forth in this data protection statement. The processing is legally based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f) GDPR. It is in our legitimate interest to protect our website and to improve our services.
- In case you contact us (for example by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), we process your personal data to the extent necessary to answer your query.
- The "Apply Now" button gives you the opportunity to apply for our vacancies. You can then send us your application documents by e-mail. The processing of the personal data that you provide us with your application documents takes place for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship and is based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter b) GDPR in conjunction with § 26 paragraph 1 sentence 1 BDSG.
- To achieve the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement, we use service providers, i.e. as data processors according to Art. 28 GDPR, for example our service providers for cloud hosting, platform and maintenance services, for the sending of e-mails and SMS, for customer service and for contact by telephone or for personalized advertising. These are external service providers and also service providers within the METRO Group, like METRO Group shared service centers, which are located in countries within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure i.e. by contractual regulations, that these service providers process personal data in accordance with European data protection law to guarantee a high data protection level, even if personal data are transferred into a country, in which another data protection level is common and for which no adequacy decision of the Commission of the EU exists. Another transfer of personal data to other recipients is not performed, except where we are obliged to do so by law. For more information about appropriate safeguards for the international data transfer or a copy of them, please contact our data protection officer via e-mail under: email@example.com.
- In order to make your visit to our website more appealing and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called “cookies” on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your terminal device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies).
By accepting our “cookie-banner”, you consent to the processing of data through cookies. The processing is legally based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR. You can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies separately and decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. For more information, see the help function of your Internet browser. If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be limited. In the following we will deal with specific cookies.
- We use Webtrends, a web analysis service provided by Webtrends EMEA Acquisiton ltd / Webtrends Inc, 851 SW 6th Ave, Suite 1600, Portland Oregon 97206, Webtrends Analytics uses text files that are stored on your computer to analyze how you use the website.This information is used to evaluate your use of the website and to compile reports on website activities. The information generated by these cookies is transferred to web trends in the USA and stored there. Access data is recorded anonymously. You cannot connect to a visitor. This is done in particular by anonymizing the IP address.
4. Mandatory/Voluntary Data Provision and Retention Period
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You are neither obliged to provide your personal data to us, nor is this provision necessary to fulfill a statutory or contractual requirement. If you do not provide your personal data to us, this will not result in any consequences for you, except that you will not be able to use our services. Personal data provided to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which they were processed has been fulfilled. Insofar as retention periods under commercial and tax law have to be observed, the storage period for certain data can be up to 10 years. Deviating storage periods may also arise due to a legitimate interest of METRO (e.g. to guarantee data security, to prevent misuse or to prosecute criminal offenders). Data that we have to store due to legal, statutory or contractual storage obligations will be blocked.
5. Social Media
Our websites also contains links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. In this case, a data transfer to the social media operators mentioned only takes place when the corresponding icon button (e.g. the "f" of Facebook or the bird symbol of Twitter) is clicked. If you click on such an icon button, a page of the corresponding social media operator opens in a popup window. There you can publish information according to the regulations of the social media operator.
6. Your Rights
As a data subject, you may exercise your rights under the GDPR regarding
- The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data (right to access, Art. 15 GDPR),
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete (right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR),
- The right to demand the erasure of personal data and, in case the personal data have been made public, the information towards other controllers about the request of erasure (right to erasure, Art. 17 GDPR),
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing (right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR),
- The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller (right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR),
- The right to object the data processing in order to stop it (right to object, Art. 21 GDPR),
- The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal (right to withdraw consent, Art. 7 GDPR),
at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer under firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be an infringement of the GDPR (right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, Art. 77 GDPR).