is the tech unit of METRO
As a world leading wholesaler, METRO supplies food to restaurants, cafés and catering companies across 25 countries.
At METRONOM, we are responsible for the framework behind the delivery right to the customers’ doorstep. We design, implement, test, continuously deploy and run hundreds of micro services and digital solutions driving our business from sourcing up to checkout or delivery.
In short, we provide the backbone making sure that - from MICHELIN star restaurants in France to Kirana stores in India – everyone gets their food on the table and on time.
How do we do it? As a data driven company, we have one goal: We want to make our existing business ready for the digital age. To directly address the needs of the countries, our innovative team of Data Scientists links advanced analytics with the latest technologies for tangible business outcome. We are doing pioneer work within our company by using our data rich environment to make our business better and stronger.
We are about 2,000 METRONOMians setting the pace in Germany and at our international locations. Will you be the next one?
What you can expect
- You develop and implement advance analytical products aimed at solving business use cases of our countries’ organizations (e.g. business domains like B2B/B2C marketing, assortment optimization, pricing or supply chain management).
- You apply your skills in machine learning / statistical modelling to translate business requirements into algorithmic, analytical solutions whereby identifying and preparing relevant input data and appropriate internal or external data.
- Research new analytical techniques and best practices within the industry. Prototype new analytical approaches that can address internal customer needs. Design and run large-scale experiments that gain new insights or validate approaches.
- Scale new algorithms and models to large data sets and/or services for real-time data streaming.
- You use modern big data analytical technologies like Spark, Hive or Google Cloud Platform in a data rich environment.
- You interface regularly with our countries’ business analysts and corporate stakeholders to capture their needs and requirements for analytical solutions. Additionally, you document, visualize and present achieved results towards business stakeholders.
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, physics or engineering with a focus in machine learning / statistical learning methods and approaches
- More than 3 years of experience in successfully working as part of a professional Data Science unit, ideally, in the area of retail / wholesale
- Practical experience in big data technologies like Spark, Hive. Also, experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataproc, Big Query) would be a strong plus
- Fluent in Python (Scikit learn)/R, and SQL (ideally Teradata)
- Ability to expand own knowledge to business domains like marketing, assortment optimization, pricing, supply chain
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to contribute to an open, international team culture to drive the knowledge exchange and learning of all team members
- Continuous self-learning attitude combined with high level of curiosity to explore new ways of working
- Our international environment requires that you must be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Our special offers for this position
- Trustworthy data from our own stock
- Continuous improved data warehouse & Big Data
- Bridge between analytics and business - feel your influence
- Additional room for exchange of opinions in workshops or conferences
Self-determined, flexible working hours • Unrestricted home office • Comfortable workplace with co-working areas and your choice of hardware • Continuous personal development and availability of various learning resources • On-site gym and fitness classes • Free hot drinks and fresh fruits daily • Team events and conferences
METRONOM is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any qualified employees or applicants.