METRONOM GmbH is the tech unit of METRO, a leading international wholesale and food specialist company. METRONOM provides customized IT services and IT solutions for all METRO countries worldwide. About 2,000 team members are located in Germany and at our international locations, offering a wide range of capabilities, such as consulting on business processes, development, implementation and support of business solutions, operating data centers and networks as well as supervision of the IT equipment.
As a data driven company we have one goal: We want to make our existing business ready for the digital age. To directly address the business needs of MCC countries our innovative team of Data Scientists (m/f/d) links advanced analytics with the latest IT technologies for tangible business outcome. We are doing pioneering work within MCC as we are using our data rich environment to make our business better and stronger.
What you can expect
- You develop and implement advanced analytical products aimed at solving business use cases of Metro Cash & Carry country organizations (e.g. business domains like B2B/B2C marketing, assortment optimization, pricing or supply chain management
- You apply your skills in machine learning / statistical modelling to translate business requirements into algorithmic, analytical solutions whereby identifying and preparing relevant input data and appropriate internal or external data
- Research new analytical techniques and best practices within the industry. Prototype new analytical approaches that can address internal customer needs. Design and run large-scale experiments that gain new insights or validate approaches
- Scale new algorithms and models to large data sets and/or services for real-time data streaming
- You use modern big data analytical technologies like Spark, Hive or Google Cloud Platform in a data rich environment
- You interface regularly with MCC country business analysts and corporate stakeholders to capture their needs and requirements for analytical solutions. As well as, document, visualize and present achieved results towards business stakeholders
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, physics or engineering with a focus in machine learning / statistical learning methods and approaches
- More than 3 years of experience in successfully working as part of a professional Data Science unit, ideally, in the area of retail / wholesale
- Practical experience in big data technologies like Spark, Hive. Also, experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataproc, Big Query) would be a strong plus
- Fluent in Python (Scikit learn)/R, and SQL (ideally Teradata)
- Ability to expand own knowledge to business domains like marketing, assortment optimization, pricing, supply chain
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to contribute to an open, international team culture to drive the knowledge exchange and learning of all team members
- Continuous self-learning attitude combined with high level of curiosity to explore new ways of working
- Our international environment requires that you must be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Our special offers for this position
- Trustworthy data from our own stock
- Continuous improved data warehouse & Big Data
- Bridge between analytics and business - feel your influence
- Additional room for exchange of opinions in workshops or conferences
Room for innovation • a dynamic and international environment • a great creative leeway and high autonomy • a casual way of communication • flexible working times • home office • individual trainings • career improvement program • support for child and home care • various health and sports programs • good infrastructure – from traffic connection over free parking to close shopping facilities • team events
METRONOM is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any qualified employees or applicants.