METRONOM GmbH is the tech unit of METRO, a leading international wholesale and food specialist company. METRONOM provides customized IT services and IT solutions for all METRO countries worldwide. About 2,000 team members are located in Germany and at our international locations, offering a wide range of capabilities, such as consulting on business processes, development, implementation and support of business solutions, operating data centers and networks as well as supervision of the IT equipment.
As Metro we want to make our structures future-proof, especially with regard to the digital transformation of holistic business processes, and offer you an agile playground in an international context. Dress code, path dependence or corporate corset? ... we rather prefer creative tinkering in an open startup culture. With your field-tested toolbox and the experience of an agile mindset, you can improve our development processes of customer-oriented (software-)services such as mobile applications in short release cycles and scaling project teams. But: no rigid fixation on Scrum - we like combination joy and method openness to find best practice!
What you can expect
- You are involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing and delivery of the software
- You are part of small teams which develop customer-oriented services and applications independently with continuous deployment
- An agile development environment with pair programming and code reviews
- A flexible use of innovative technologies
- A high working quality, which is ensured by extensive test automation
- A constant exchange of knowledge within your team, with our project managers and external partners
- An international work environment with colleagues from all over the world
- You have fun solving complex problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love it to make our online-platform a little bit better every day
- You are interested in splitting large projects into small, manageable subprojects with microservices
- You are already developing software "full stack" meaning from the front end over the back end to the persistence layer or you want to learn how to do it
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies
Space for innovation • a great team • a dynamic and international work environment • a great creative leeway and high autonomy • space for exchange of opinions • a casual way of communication • flexible working times • home office • individual trainings • career improvement programs • support for child and home care • various health and sports programs • good infrastructure - from traffic connections over free parking to nearby shopping facilities • team events
METRONOM is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any qualified employees or applicants.